Not all mods need to deliver performance, sometimes you have an image of how something should be or how you want something to look and you feel compelled to just mod it into reality. Call it vain, call it a waste of money....in the end you are creating something that is uniquely you. That is the theme for this stage in the build. I simply wanted the car to look a certain way.
The M2 is a great looking car straight from the factory but there were a few things that I felt were "off". Some of these things were a matter of personal preference, other things were design flaws forced on BMW by regulation or certification requirements.
Some of these things I bought and had installed when I purchased the car, other things I added shortly after I took delivery, and some things were recently added to complete the look. I have listed everything I have done that fits in the "do it because I want to" category. Not much to review as there are no claimed performance enhancements but what I can say is that I picked my vendors very carefully to have the highest quality possible. So needless to say, these parts have great fit and finish. Enjoy.
List of parts:
- XPEL Ultimate clear wrap on hood, front bumper, front quarter panels, side mirrors, rocker, rear bumper, roof
- BMW M Performance black grill
- BMW M Performance black gills
- BMW M Performance carbon fiber mirror caps
- BMW M Performance carbon fiber spoiler
- BMW M Performance carbon fiber diffuser
- BMW M Performance matte carbon fiber steering wheel trim
- BMW M Performance aluminum pedal kit
- IND Distribution reflector delete kit (rear and front)
- IND Distribution painted license plate frame
- Personalized plate (too much?)